Banshee Media Player as we know it is the default media player for Ubuntu 11.04. A new version of Banshee is out now. Banshee 2.2 is the culmination of six months’ work by 35 developers, 38 translators and dozens of bug reporters and testers. It is a stable release, the successor to Banshee 2.0. It will be available in updates or via official PPA i.e ppa:banshee-team/ppa soon enough.
1) eMusic Store
Browse, search, preview, buy, and download music straight into your Banshee library from the eMusic online store.
2) New custom support for the Barnes & Noble Nook
Transfer music between your library and your Nook device, it just works !
3) Support default internet radio stations
At first start, XSPF playlists in $datadir/banshee/stations/ are imported automatically.
- Add “Stop when finished” option in the notification popup menu
- Hide labels in the source pane when the group is empty.
- New Devices Supported:
- Motorola Atrix
- Notion Ink Adam
- Samsung Galaxy Ace
- Samsung Galaxy S2
- Xperia X12
- Add “Smiley Face Curve” default equalizer.
- ArtworkManager: add –fetch-artwork argument.
- Set UserAgent when doing MusicBrainz queries.
- Get info from the database or the file when opening a URI.
- Various bugfixes.
Take a look -