Ubuntu Tweak 0.6 Beta is finally out after a long wait. We wish you all the very best to Tualatrix Chou from the entire open-source community as despite of the hardships he faced in the previous weeks, he is still on the way to get UT 0.6 working. Thank-you very much !
Moving along, this release came up with -
- New sleek UI.
- New clips feature: first screen information.
- All features are plug-able.
- Specific tweak: Compiz Settings.
- Package Cleaner becomes a new major part feature as tbe “Janitor”.
- At Preferences, you can manage the plugins, enable or disable, or install new plugin.
- Tweaks and Admins, designed like GNOME Control Center, but with a more easy to use “back” and “forward” arrows.
Open the terminal and type the following to test the beta version of UT 0.6 in Ubuntu (11.10 is there ofcourse) -
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:tualatrix/next
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ubuntu-tweak
Since there are no ‘app center’ and ‘source center’ in this version, so you can use ‘sudo apt-get install ubuntu-tweak-0‘ to install UT 0.5 alongside to keep things under control.
Take a look -