CodeWeavers released CrossOver XI software has been officially release for both Linux and Macintosh platforms, bringing initial support for Microsoft Office 2010. Based on Wine 1.4, CrossOver XI (version 11.0.0) is not only a major update to the popular application, but it also marks a step forward in its evolution, by simplifying the CrossOver product into a single one, uniting all CrossOver editions.
Note: You may need the latest version of Wine i.e Wine 1.4 rc6. You can get it from the following ppa -
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install wine1.3
Highlights of CrossOver 11.0:
- Initial support for Microsoft Office 2010
- Unification of CrossOver Games and CrossOver Pro/Standard/Bundle into a single product
- RAR file handling support
- Better support for installing Steam games
- Many Microsoft Office improvements
- Net 3.5, .Net 3.5 Service Pack 1
- Improved DirectX 9 installation
- Better support for the following games: Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Guild Wars, Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine, Skyrim, StarCraft II, Star Trek Online, and Perfect World International
- Improved support for the Steam GUI
- Translations updates.