Palm kicks off GDC with new 3D gaming tools
Palm kicked off the 2010 Game Developers Conference (GDC) in San Francisco with the release of a public beta version of its next-gen webOS Plug-in Development Kit (PDK).
According to company spokesperson Katie Mitic, the new PDK complements Palm's webOS Software Development Kit (SDK), allowing developers to use C/C++ and mix them "seamlessly" within a single app.
"The PDK enables new functionality, including immersive 3D graphics, and gives developers who have built games for other platforms an easy way to bring their titles to the webOS platform," Mitic told TG Daily in an e-mailed statement.
Palm kicks off GDC with new 3D development tools"Developers can download the beta PDK and start developing today, but distribution of games built with the beta PDK will require functionality provided in an upcoming Palm webOS update."
Mitic added that Palm currently boasts both the developer tools and the hardware necessary for a "world-class" gaming experience.
Indeed, Palm has already introduced 12 games (at CES 2010) designed by four leading developers, including:
* Asphalt 5 (Gameloft)
* Brain Challenge (Gameloft)
* Glyder 2 (Glu Mobile)
* Let's Golf! (Gameloft)
* MONOPOLY (EA Mobile)
* Need for Speed Undercover (EA Mobile)
* SCRABBLE (EA Mobile)
* Sudoku (EA Mobile)
* Tetris (EA Mobile)
* The Oregon Trail (Gameloft)
* The Sims 3 (EA Mobile)
* X-Plane (Laminar Research)
Since then, more than 20 additional webOS titles have been launched by early-access developers:
* Apollo (Laminar Research)
* Assassin's Creed – Altair's Chronicles" (Gameloft)
* Brothers In Arms: Hour of Heroes" (Gameloft)
* Castle of Magic (Gameloft)
* Deer Hunter 3D (Glu Mobile)
* Dungeon Hunter (Gameloft)
* Earthworm Jim (Gameloft)
* Gangstar: West Coast
* Giant Fighting Robots (Laminar Research)
* Guitar Hero 5 Mobile (Glu Mobile)
* Hero of Sparta (Gameloft)
* Real Soccer 2010 (Gameloft)
* Real Tennis (Gameloft)
* World Series of Poker: Hold'em Legend (Glu Mobile)
* X-Plane Airliner (Laminar Research)
* X-Plane Carrier (Laminar Research)
* X-Plane Extreme (Laminar Research)
* X-Plane Glider (Laminar Research)
* X-Plane Helicopter (Laminar Research)
* X-Plane Racing (Laminar Research)
* X-Plane Space Shuttle (Laminar Research)
|11-03-2010 10:16 AM
RE: Palm kicks off GDC with new 3D gaming tools
Palm GDC begins with new 3D gaming tools Developers which can download the beta adaptation of the PDK and activate to advance today, but the developer of games congenital with the beta PDK crave functionality provided in a approaching update of Palm web.
|21-05-2011 01:00 AM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)