The all new version of popular tweak tool Ubuntu Tweak has just been released which supports Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot having Unity Interface.The software comes up with its old feature set improving just in the terms of supporting Unity and providing all new Interface which looks much better than the previous one.The whole software has been divided into small plug-able “Clips” providing one functionality or the other.Unity support includes tweaking for both 2D and 3D desktops along with support for Compiz.Source list features backup functionality for easy backup and recovery or source lists.Janitor is another feature that has been added allowing you to keep your system clean .
Posts Tagged ‘Ubuntu Tweak’
Ubuntu Tweak 0.6 – The next version of Ubuntu tweaker is about to be released. As the release of Ubuntu 11.04 is coming closer, things are getting better. According to the developers, a public beta testing will be available soon, and our shiny Ubuntu Tweak 0.6 will be released as Ubuntu 11.04 Natty comes out. Thats awesome ! So lets take a look at whats about to come in Ubuntu Tweak 0.6
Ubuntu is considered as one of the most user-friendly Linux distributions available today. But still, there are some hidden functions and settings that will improve your Ubuntu experience to a great extent. Though you don’t need a third-party program to unlock them, you just need Ubuntu Tweak. It will save a lot of time of yours as this application gives you a UI to control and configure your system settings yourself. Ubuntu Tweak makes it easy to change hidden system and desktop settings. Unfortunately, it is only for GNOME desktop environment. This is still under heavy development and a very good utility for Ubuntu users. Tweak is more or less like Ubun-student but a bit more stable and reliable with lesser bugs.But this application is also going heavy development, so watch for updates and latest releases regularly. It was basically build for the new Ubuntu users to help them getting a experience. We recon this a must have for your Ubuntu Desktop and we are sure that it will improve the usability of your Ubuntu desktop significantly.
- Support of Ubuntu 9.04 and before DROPPED.
- Use all native icon in UI.
- Migrate from policykit to policykit-1, no C code any more.
- Support dynamic-module, only load module what desktop supports.
- Redesign the sidebar and titlebar.
New Features :
- Application Center: improve from Add/Remove, supports online data sync.
- Add the option to disable user list in gdm.
- Add indicator-session dialog control.
- Improve the computer page, add “Change Hostname” feature.
Source Center: improve from Third-Party Source, supports online data sync.
- Add the menu and button icon options to gnome settings. – Add the show desktop icon again.
- Update Manager: a simple but more human-readable update manager.